Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Response To the Fiction Packet

In the fiction packet I enjoyed just about all of the stories and for some of them I wished that they did not end as soon as they did.One of my favorite stories in this packet is called "Wallet" by Allen Woodman. This one was amusing to me because this man goes through all of the trouble of making a fake wallet to be stole at a mall and then runs away when the people who got it back for him, try to give it back. I am not sure why this one was so interesting to me, I just found it entertaining.

This next story I found rather odd. it is called "Walking The Baby To The Liquor Store". This title was the first thing that caught me off guard because who in their right mind would take their child to a liquor store? In the story the man says "The baby adores going to the liquor store.In her infant mind there is, perhaps, nothing so beautiful or significant in this world as sitting up in her yellow stroller and rolling bravely west toward some exotically remote BUNNY'S-or, on Sunday's, a place as unimaginably far away as KIRBY'S LIQUOR." I don't think that it is the store that the baby enjoys so much as the walk there. How can an infant know that they are going to a liquor store? Although this story was different it was still pretty good in my opinion.

One more poem that I found to be interesting is called "Poetry" by Sharon Krinsky. She explains how she wrote these poems for a guy that she had a crush on but he just rolled them up and put them in a plastic cup. She isn't offended that the guy is just rolling her poems up and basically saying that they don't matter. all she is thinking about is that he should be putting them in a china cup. I just found this one interesting because if it were me I most likely would have gotten upset.

1 comment:

  1. great, say more/expand your thoughts and ideas here. 18/20

    Nice responses to Roberson below and good job on the response poem. 20/20

    ReplyDelete